2018/19 Enrollment dates and Summer Camp Schedule will be posted in April. Please Check back then for updates. Information below is great for giving you and your families an idea of what to expect during this time. Look forward to seeing you on the field!
June 9th, 2018 – MANDATORY Student meeting for all Marching Band and Color Guard Students participating or planning to participate during the 2018/19 school year.
In order to participate in Summer Music Academy, students must be enrolled in Knight Regiment and have a record of a completed Athletic Clearance Physical for 2017-18. KR Enrollment is for participation in marching band and color guard and is NOT your SMHS Student Registration (that occurs in late August).
For 2017-18, much of the KR Enrollment process may be may be completed online from home (Steps #1-5, below). Step #6 is completed on campus by parent/guardian to assure all information is complete and to obtain parent/guardian signature on the emergency medical authorization. Just follow these steps:
Complete At Home (or on campus, if preferred):
- Physicals – Students who want to participate in Marching Band or Color Guard must fill out an Athletic Clearance Physical with qualified medical personnel (either on campus or with your family physician). On-campus Physicals (by appointment only and limited availability) are arranged by SMHS Music Boosters as a convenience (and fundraiser). The cost is just $20, which goes entirely to support the music & color guard program. If using your family physician, make your appointment soon and print out the Athletic Clearance Packet (aka Blue Book) to take with you. Blue books will be on hand at booster-organized physicals. To sign up for an On-Campus physical click here. Athletic Clearance Packets are turned in DURING SCHOOL REGISTRATION; we recommend that you make a copy of the signed Physician’s page for your records and to turn in for KR enrollment. We DO NOT need the original physical, ONLY a copy. Click here to sign up for physicals for July 22nd and July 24th
- KR Donation – Did you know SMUSD does not fund coaching, props, choreography, costumes, off-campus competitions, or transportation? No matter how talented our students and directors are, this program can only be successful with family and community support. We hope you will help continue the tradition of KR excellence with a direct donation or by subscribing to automatic monthly donations to champion student success and accommodate family charitable giving goals. Every donation helps and is greatly appreciated any time of year. Go to KR Donation-Knights Circle.
- SMA Dinners – SMA runs from 1 to 9 PM with a 45-minute dinner break around 5 PM. SMA Dinners are brought to campus from favorite local restaurants and served by music boosters as a convenience (and fundraiser) during Summer Music Academy. This assures students are getting a nutritious meal and much-needed rest during their short (45 min) dinner break. Of course, students can bring a meal from home, but there is not adequate time to leave campus during a dinner break. Go to SMA Dinner Order Form. NEW THIS YEAR**Students are not allowed to leave campus during the break. NEW THIS YEAR**
- Personal Equipment Order – As a convenience, Music Boosters places a KR personal equipment order for students who would like to purchase personal equipment and save on shipping costs. The order is timed to arrive prior to first performance. If you miss the booster’s order deadline, you will need to place your own order and pay for shipping costs (expedited shipping is often $25 or more). Personal Equipment order payments can be turned in at Enrollment Days (July 22nd, July 24th). Go to SMHS Color Guard Order Form or Shoe/Glove Order Form, as needed, to print form. Shoe and Glove size will be determined at Uniform Fitting Day.
- Volunteer Interests – Family participation is a big part of the KR experience, and Knight Regiment would not be able to do what it does without volunteer support. We ask all families to help with 1-2 events/activities each semester to give our students the behind-the-scenes support they need. We have a task for every talent, with opportunities that include (but are not limited to): serving dinners, moving equipment, building props, sewing flags, organizing snacks, marketing events, writing grants, and more. Go to volunteer interest signup.
Parent/Guardian Completes ON CAMPUS:
6. Enrollment Data/Emergency Medical Authorization – For Step #6, parents come to campus on July 22nd, July 24th to update/add their Student and Parent Data, and sign the Medical Authorization form for Knight Regiment. This step is critical to complete for emergency contact, medical information (like allergies), and communication (activities, call times, etc.). Recommended to bring: check book/credit card, contact phone numbers/email address(es), health insurance card, student shirt size, and dinner order preferences (if desired).
If you have any questions about the KR Enrollment process, please contact email@example.com.