2018/19 Enrollment Dates and Summer Camp (SMA) Schedule ~
July 26th 3pm – 7:30pm
July 28th 9am – 1pm
July 30th 9:30am – 4:30pm
In order to participate in Summer Music Academy, students must be enrolled in Knight Regiment and have a record of a completed Athletic Clearance Physical for 2017-18. KR Enrollment is for participation in marching band and color guard and is NOT your SMHS Student Registration (that occurs in late August).
- Physicals – Students who want to participate in Marching Band or Color Guard must fill out an Athletic Clearance Physical with qualified medical personnel (either on campus or with your family physician). On-campus Physicals (by appointment only and limited availability) are arranged by SMHS Music Boosters as a convenience (and fundraiser). The cost is just $20, which goes entirely to support the music & color guard program. If using your family physician, make your appointment soon and print out the Athletic Clearance Packet (aka Blue Book) to take with you. Blue books will be on hand at booster-organized physicals. Athletic Clearance Packets are turned in DURING SCHOOL REGISTRATION; we recommend that you make a copy of the signed Physician’s page for your records as well. We DO NOT collect Blue Books at KR Enrollment.
- KR Donation – Did you know SMUSD does not fund coaching, props, choreography, costumes, off-campus competitions, or transportation? No matter how talented our students and directors are, this program can only be successful with family and community support. We hope you will help continue the tradition of KR excellence with a direct donation or by subscribing to automatic monthly donations to champion student success and accommodate family charitable giving goals. Every donation helps and is greatly appreciated any time of year. Go to KR Donation-Knights Circle.
- SMA Dinners – SMA runs from 1 to 9 PM with a 45-minute dinner break around 5 PM. SMA Dinners are brought to campus from local restaurants and served by music boosters as a convenience (and fundraiser) during Summer Music Academy. Our goal is to make sure students are getting a filling meal and much-needed rest during their short (45 min) dinner break. If your student has special dietary requirements please contact us. Our goal is to make sure all students have a filling meal before the afternoon practice. **Students are not allowed to leave campus during the break.**
- Personal Equipment Order – As a convenience, Music Boosters places a KR personal equipment order for students who would like to purchase personal equipment and save on shipping costs. The order is timed to arrive prior to first performance. If you miss the booster’s order deadline, you will need to place your own order and pay for shipping costs (expedited shipping is often $25 or more). Personal Equipment orders and payments can be done online at Enrollment or the form can be printed out and turned in on your Enrollment Day. Go to Color Guard Equipment Order Form or Marching Band Shoe/Glove Order Form, as needed, to print form. Shoe and Glove size will be determined at Uniform Fitting Day.
- Volunteer Interests – Family participation is a big part of the KR experience, and Knight Regiment would not be able to do what it does without volunteer support. We ask all families to help with 1-2 events/activities each semester to give our students the behind-the-scenes support they need. We have a task for every talent, with opportunities that include (but are not limited to): serving dinners, moving equipment, building props, sewing flags, organizing snacks, marketing events, writing grants, and more. Go to volunteer interest signup.
Parent/Guardian Completes ON CAMPUS:
6. Enrollment Data/Emergency Medical Authorization – Parents come to campus and update/add their Student and Parent Data, and fill out/sign the Medical Information and Authorization form for Knight Regiment.
This information is critical for emergency contact, medical information (like allergies), and communication (activities, call times, etc.). Recommended to bring: check book/credit card, contact phone numbers/email address(es), health insurance card, student shirt size, and dinner order preferences (if desired).
While at Enrollment you may also order meals, equipment and ask any questions you have about SMA or the Fall Marching Season.
If you have any questions about the KR Enrollment process, please contact email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!